Thursday, August 4, 2011

What We Wore: Job Interview!

What We Wore: Job Interview!

What We Wore: Job Interview! by est1839 featuring leather shoes

So, today I went to DC to apply for the position of Objects Conservation Technician at the National Gallery of Art.  I'm not sure if I'll get it, because there were a lot of applicants.  However, I feel pretty good about it and I am sure that I made a good impression with my professional prowess in style as well as with my laboriously crafted portfolio.  I wore black pinstriped pants, a sheer ivory blouse, and black wedges.  The wedges (from Target) were commanding yet comfortable, and my shirt was breezy enough to keep me cool as I briskly walked down the National Mall.  What are some of your favorite professional pieces?  And how do you deal with the heat of the summer despite the need to stay covered?  We'd love to hear from you!
here's hoping!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Good luck getting the job! I love those shoes!! I have a whole drawer full of little jackets, some short-sleeved and some long-sleeved. I really enjoy layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layering is absolutely necessary in the summer! It was scorching outside and an icebox inside every building. Thankfully it looks very stylish! And thanks so much for the well-wishes.

    About the shoes: Target has some very similar ones right now for about $30!

    http://tinyurl.com/3br7jc6
    they also have higher plain leather ones too.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...