Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fashion For Less :: Long & Short of it

There are 4 main things I collect (alongside 200 other things I also collect) - bags, shoes, art supplies, jewelry.  I am thinking about doing posts on collections here & over on Five Sixteenths so I thought I'd start off with the Long & Short of it.


My bag collections is pretty large & by large I mean super large.  In fact, these aren't even all of my bags just my favorites.  Constantly I buy purses.


Here are the P's I look for when shopping for bags:

Professional - is this for work? or is this for the weekend?
Pattern - Is it a solid color? Is the print too loud? Can I pull it off?
Pockets - Is it big enough for my laptop? Will things get lost in it?
Practical - Does it hang where I want it too? Can I successfully navigate through a crowd with out smacking people?

The Long of It
These bags are my go to bags.  I can sling them over my shoulder, wear them cross body, & grab them in a dash.  My everyday purse is one that I can get out of the way by slinging it around to the back.  I love cross body bags because they can get the heck out of the way when I am hunched over a table at the thrift store!  I can store a lot in the big ones & just shove things in it.  The smaller ones are for nights out or small weekend trips.  I like that I can just put all the essentials in & be done.  I choose a small bag for my everyday work bag that way I don't bring everything I own with me everyday.  The only down side to these bags is when you take them off the strap is so long you have no where to put it! It either hangs too long that it touches the floor when hung on the back of the chair or the strap gets caught in you rolling desk chair at work.

Where I got them -
Back row - Target (best $5 bucks I ever spent!) :: Thrifted :: Thrifted
Middle row - Thrifted :: DIY :: Thrifted
Front row - Wal-Mart :: Claire's

The Short of It
These bags are bags I really would like to turn into camera bags.  I want to take some foam, fabric, & velcro and whip up a great little insert to switch between bags.  These bags are also the ones I consider my 'most professional'.  Well at least the two on the left.  These bags add color & look a little bit more professional than having a bag slung across your body.  They all fit my laptop too so they are great to take to coffee shops or work.  These have enough pockets for all the little bitties but sometimes things get lost in the bottom.  I really hate having to dig & dig & DIG to find anything in my purse (sometimes it makes me impatient to see others do it to!).

Where I got them - Claire's :: Charlotte Russe (I think) :: Cato :: Thrifted

What are your favorite kinds of bags? Do you buy a certain color or style over another?


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...