Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What We Wore - Rack 'em up!

The other day I went shopping by myself to clear my head.  You know how a good retail therapy session is.  I headed to Khol's, Target, & JC Penny.  I love these stores because they always have good clearance sections. I know JCP just got done with a huge clearance event before Labor Day but when I headed in I still found a load of good stuff.

For example, the outfit I wore yesterday:
dress :: Khol's ($18)
Shirt (under dress) :: Khol's ($10)
Cardigan :: JCP ($14)
Rings :: JCP ($29 originally $80) & gift ($40)
Watch :: Target ($12)
Outfit total :: $87

Now I really couldn't believe I bought that ring.  But it was super reminiscent of one I lost back in school so I felt I had to buy it.  I am also on the hunt for another one that was lost at the same time, that my mother gave me.  This one was given to me by my mother & it was given to her by her mother.  I was completely torn up for days (and still get waves of sadness) over it.

This is the ring that was a gift from the picture above. It was also from my mother.  We found it in a consignment shop in her home town over last Thanksgiving.  Both she & my grandfather have one like it.  I always loved hers & wanted one.  It wasn't until my grandfather passed away that I realized he had one & she always love it.  I am very excited to see that this is something we all share:

I believe it is onyx.  There is a diamond in the middle.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I have found super awesome deals on clothes by just shopping in the clearance rack.  I even think that since I have been on my own I've only bought one or two full price things.  I think I am setting a new little goal to only shop in the clearance section.  I mean when I hit a store I look for those red signs!  

I have also decided to see if I can get away with thrift store or handmade gifts for xmas.  I've already picked up my sisters gift fro a total of $4!  Two absolutely lovely satchels that were 2 bucks a pop!

You can also pop by Five Sixteenths & see that I wore a near similar outfit to work again the next day. 

What are you skimping & saving on?
Where do you draw the savings line?
Are second hand/clearance gifts ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...